Nosso conteúdo é vasto! Faça sua busca personalizada e encontre o que está procurando...

Translate

quinta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2016

Prayers to Saint Michael, Archangel of God

"O great Archangel of God Michael, victor over the demons! Conquer and put down all our enemies visible and invisible, and pray to the All-Sovereign Lord that He save and preserve us from sorrows and all sicknesses, from death-bearing plagues and from sudden death, now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen."

Why we pray to Saint Michael the Archangel?

As St. Peter once noted “be sober and watch, because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion, goes about seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). “The evil spirits who roam about the world seeking the ruin of souls” mentioned in the Saint Michael prayer have surely been busy, but in asking for help we can fight back against them every day.

As St. Paul put it, we fight “not against flesh and blood but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness” (Eph 6:12). With God’s help in prayer they can all be overcome.

 

Saint Michael the Archangel, victor over the demons

"O great Archangel of God Michael, victor over the demons! Conquer and put down all our enemies visible and invisible, and pray to the All-Sovereign Lord that He save and preserve us from sorrows and all sicknesses, from death-bearing plagues and from sudden death, now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen."

 

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us

"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

 

Act of Consecration to Saint Michael the Archangel

 
"Oh most Noble Prince of the Angelic Hierarchies
valorous warrior of Almighty God,
and zealous lover of His glory,
terror of the rebellious angels,
and love and delight of all the just ones,
my beloved Archangel Saint Michael,
desiring to be numbered among thy devoted servants,
I, today offer and consecrate myself to thee,
and place myself, my family,
and all I possess under thy most powerful protection.
 
I entreat thee not to look at how little, I,
as thy servant have to offer,
being only a wretched sinner,
but to gaze, rather,
with favorable eye at the heartfelt affection
with which this offering is made,
and remember that if from this day onward
I am under thy patronage,
thou must during all my life assist me,
and procure for me the pardon of my many grievous offenses,
and sins, the grace to love with all my heart my God,
my dear Savior Jesus and my Sweet Mother Mary,
and obtain for me all the help necessary to arrive to my crown of glory.
 
Defend me always from my spiritual enemies,
particularly in the last moments of my life.
 
Come then oh Glorious Prince and succor me in my last struggle,
and with thy powerful weapon cast far from me
into the infernal abysses that prevaricator
and proud angel that one day thou prostrated
in the celestial battle.
 
Saint Michael, defend us in our daily battle
so that we may not perish in the last Judgment."



Nenhum comentário: